Ovarian Cancer Community
My Mum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

My Mum

5308348?1264491126
Hi World,
6 months ago my mother was given 6 months to go in this world. I am her youngest son and have lived and cared for her for the past 5 years before hand, until the hospital decided that i could no longer give her the care she needed? They put her in a high care nursing home just up the road and i have been with her everyday and also take her to be drained and to see the oncology doctors each month. Then mum seemed to improve and was back on her own feet and i have just recently applied for dpt housing so i can care for her again at home for her own sanity.
But in the last week mum's tummy has seemed to now be swelling in a lower place and also seems to be like a rock and i am concerned that it is getting closer? I have been trying to research and find info on what i am dealing with and find it hard to come across. I have made an appointment with her docs for tomorrow but i was hoping someone can help me with information as to what to expect? Am i doing the right thing or not i just don't want her in a nursing home in the end, she should be with me and her family i feel, and am praying to god that i am doing the right thing.
Regards Trevor.
Tags: MY MUM, Mum, years, family, help, Research, help me, son, Swelling
you are facing a extremely hard decision. what does mum want? Have you spoken to other family members? you can get people to come in and help.what kind of quality of life does she want. these are hard questions to answer. i can't give the answers, but these are things to think about. Ask the drs also. I'm sorry i can't be of much help. What kind of cancer does she have , what stage etc?
Trevor - sending lots of support to you and your entire family.  This cannot be easy on anyone.  Unfortuanately, I do not know if the doctors can give you a timeline.  Besides talking to  your mom to see what she wants, the best that you can do is keep her safe and comfortable.

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Pam