Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
My friend needs help, anyone had a laparoscopy?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My friend needs help, anyone had a laparoscopy?

Ok heres the deal. someone very important to me is dealing with some medical issues. Cysts have been discovered on both of her ovaries. She's just recently decided to go through with surgery to remove them. She'll be having a Laparoscopy. Her, name is Allison. She's easily the coolest girl I've ever met. She's deathly frightened by needles and the idea of surgery is just really freaking her out. All I can tell her is that everything is going to be ok. I know it will be, but I was thinking it might really help her out if she could read some words of encouragement, from people who've actually been through a Laparoscopy.

We need good, happy, calming, inspiring thoughts. If you've gone through it personally, or your girlfriend/wife/mom/sister/cousin etc had one done, and it was a success, please share!

She's really stressing out about the surgical procedure itself. She's worried about pain, scarring, risk of infertility, all that stuff. Please help!

Thank you.
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi there,
laparoscopy is a minor surgical procedure.
usually it is a day surgery
it requires general anesthesia

as a general statement, laparoscopy is a tool with which to look inside the abdomen.
It is very safe.
recovery is quick.

there are many good sites with great information.

here are a few links
best wishes

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/laparoscopy-16156

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laparoscopic_surgery
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment