My mom - constipation after chemo (suggestions)
What can we do about this? She is on colace 3x's a day and still 2 days no bowel movement. Also gave her prune juice. Any suggestions?
Senekot-S.  It's a stool softener and a natural vegetable laxative called Senna.  Works pretty well for constipation.  Is she eating enough to have a bowel movement?
I have also been having constipation problems and the nurse suggested Senekot-S and then after having a bowel movement make sure to put plenty of fiber in the diet and use Miralax daily
           Chris
Hi - did your mom recently have surgery?  Im asking this because it could be the surgery that caused the constipation

Shari
Senna plus Colace is what I needed then.  Now I have to throw in Lactulose, suppositories, enemas, anything to keep it going.  An ongoing battle...

Sharon
I've also had to deal with severe constipation, I take Miralax every day at my oncologist's directions. I also drink a glass of prune juice and take 2 Colace pills daily. I usually have a couple of prunes during the day as well. This combo has thankfully worked for me.

Jane