Ovarian Cancer Community
My mom was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hello, my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer on tuesday at the clinic.
since it is a clinic the doctor that is going to put a camera inside her to see how far the cancer spread
Wont be in until the 18th. From that point after they see where the cancer has spread they will send her to the
correct doctor to start her treatment. I am so scared because im scared in two weeks the cancer
will spread drastically. Am i just worrying to much? It is such fresh news all i can think about is the
worst, its really hard to stay positive. Is stage 3 curable?
It is hard to watch someone you love go through cancer. It was harder on my husband than it was on me. I have stage 3 and though my doctors say it is a chronic cancer which I will have the rest of my life, I am sure it will be a long life. I am almost a year out of diagnosis. I had surgery and chemo and am back to full activities. It was not fun but I really do not remember the surgery or chemo now. I was very sick for two years before I was finally diagnosed but they were able to knock the cancer down. The main thing is to just take it one step at a time.

Alex
Thanks so much. That gives me great hope. If u had it for 2 years without knowing an they detected it on her that gives me hope. :) i know shell make it
I have a friend who was diagnosed with cancer 12 years ago. Yes, she's had surgery and many different types of chemo therapy over the years. Had a couple of remissions when she was free of treatment. But she's still with us, still active and full of energy. And yes, she's still on chemo at this stage. But she's doing incredibly well and enjoys life to the max. I don't think she'll ever be completely free of cancer cells but it's being managed well and I love spending time with her.

Each case is different, treatments will be different but there is always hope.