Ovarian Cancer Community
NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE??

I am a 42 yr old female with very, very irregular periods never had any pain and if I did it was mostly on right side if I turned a certain way, but very infrequent. I know I've gained a lot of weight, but I did not think it was related to a tumor found on my rt ovary.

A few weeks ago, my right ovary was removed. I was told the left ovary and after the D/C the uterus looked good too, so the surgery went well. I was showed pictures too. I am almost healed, but a week ago my doctor told me the Pathology came back showing that the right ovarian tumor showed signs of cancer. The path report stated FIGO 1 borderline tumor. Doctor is now recommending to remove right ovary and uterus. I asked her are we 100% sure the left is bad, and her reply was she would NOT know unless the pathology is done, but everything is out already. I just had surgery and my gut instinct is telling me NO WAY! I've been pregnant once during my teens, but I had an abortion. I want to preserve my little fertility that I might have plus my hormones because from what I read other problems occur once hormones are gone. I feel confused, guilty, sad and angry with myself. This was a big blow for me.

I am seeking a few more opinions because I am very confused. The CA test was normal, and MD has me on Provera
although not sure how long. I am planning to exercise more and take my Metformin medication more regularly
because I was not really taking it because of the side affects. I will do my part in staying healthy believe me, but not knowing for sure what's what and no pain on my end, just the irregular periods I am not ready to make a big decision like this especially in 2weeks. I wonder if I am just avoiding it, denial or what. The left ovary at this time measures 2cm along with other numbers, but I do not think it's as big as the right one was.....

This is my first time talking about this, and I am hoping for your advice. If you have a moment, please share. Thank you for your time.