Ovarian Cancer Community
Nabothian cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Nabothian cysts

Good morning all. Well, I didn't find much about the nabothian cysts that my u/s report says are on my cervix...Does anyone else have these or know much about them? And if you would, please scroll down and if you can, help explain to me what some of that stuff the dr. didn't tell me means...(cyst with septation with vascular mural thickening) and if it is IN my ovary...they will take the whole ovary if I have surgery or can they cut the cyst out?? Just curious.  I think I'm getting crazier the closer it gets to follow-up day! Doesn't that sound silly? :-) I'm feeling so edgy about simple stuff too...Do ya'll feel that way sometimes? ...I wonder how it could be my hormones making me feel this way and have the hot flashes, when my dr. said my levels were normal....(sigh)...I really like the quote of the day...It says it all! Some of you ladies are truly dedicated to this forum/site...how grateful those of us are who needed a friend who has gone through the same thing!
Hope ya'll have a good day,
(((Raynbow
You know, fluctuating(sp) hormones can cause these hot flashes or if you prefer "power surges".  I pray that you get your answers soon.  Godspeed
~Tascha
I found on my last u/s that I had several nabothian cysts on my cervix.  They are completely normal in women that have had children.  The more children you have, the more you get for some reason.  I was concerned when I first found out about mine until I researdched it a little.
I have them too!!! No one was ever concerned about them. "Clogged pores" GREAT zits on your cervix!!!!!!!!!!
I got 'em too.  Doc says they're a result of prenancy and as we age.  They're kinda like clogged pores, and nothing to be worried about.  That's the key.  Everyone gets them and they're nothing to worry about.  They just have a weird scary sounding name.  Love, hugs and God bless, Barb
I have had them also, never had any kids though.  Yep, like a zit, it's a clogged mucous excretory gland which gets covered by normal cervical skin cells.  No intervention is necessary.  They are common, but I don't think necessarily considered a "normal" occurance.  Then again, we all get cysts on our ovaries every month to release an egg and they are not hamful either.  Unless your one of us with the weird cysts.  Thanks to you all for being so trnasparent and helpful to everyone.