Ovarian Cancer Community
Nat2 'IM HOME'

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Nat2 'IM HOME'

I am going through the same thing'they said mine was borderline,I Am really scared and confused.I dont really think Its nothing but its all Like a dream,the sergery (surgery) the whole nine yards.How old are you?I think we need to keep in touch to hold eachothers hands through this time.Are your results back yet?Have they removed your staples?I got a bottom vertical cut.I get up and sit around but it takes time. keep me posted.
1 Comment

How old are you (if you don't mind me asking?)? I'm 28 and from the research I've been doing borderline cysts are fairly common in women during their child bearing years - I read somewhere that 10% of cysts are borderline, but there are so many statistics out there you just don't know what to believe.

I went back for my final path results last Thursday and just felt numb - I had gone through all the crying and stressing when I first found out about the cyst and had my CT Scan so by then reached a kind of surreal calm.  I also had a feeling that it wasn't going to be benign (I don't know how) so when I came round from surgery and they said it was borderline it was a bit dissapointing but I had prepared myself.

The Doctor called me in and the MacMillan cancer nurse was in the room so naturally I thought the worst, but they still don't have the final results.  So far she said that they found a dermoid which was benign and endometriosis - the cyst however is still classed as borderline.  She said "so far so good" and I need not be panic stricken.  The pathologists are now looking at one part of the cyst that appeared "rough" she said it was fairly small from what she can remember when the removed it about the size of two 50p coins placed side by side.  She said this could be caused by the cyst leaking.  I feel relieved although I know the waiting is not over, but just feel so emotionally exhausted at the moment.

I had my staples out 6 days ago and my belly button has opened up and is oozing lots of puss (this is really disguisting I know) and they have taken a swab to test for infection.  The lower part of my cut is also oozing and looks like it is going to leave a nasty think scar - I am going to the nurse almost on a daily basis for her to check and dress it.  So when you get your staples out keep an eye on it and make sure you go to the dr if things are not looking right.

When do you get your final results - what did they say to you?

My Dr said that if the final results are borderline then I will have blood every three months to test for tumour markers - I am a bit dubious about this as I know the ca-125 can be elevated for other reasons - such as endometrosis which I also have.  She said they won't do an US as if they look for things they will find them and then subject me to uneccessary measures.

I know exactly how you feel and I'm thinking of you.