Ovarian Cancer Community
No so good news

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

No so good news

I've been short of breath lately, figured it was a bad cold.  Urgent Care said sinsitits on Sunday - still I was short of breath, went to PCP today, chest X-ray shows fluid on the lung and possibly something in the lung.  CT this afternoon and a promise of a phone call.  If it isn't good news I guess it is back on the chemicals and a tap.  This cancer never seems to cut us a break.  I'll keep you posted            Marie
Hi Marie,

Just wanted to send you my best wishes.  I'm really hoping and praying this is nothing but a minor set-back that something simple can take care of.  You're right...this thing is always lurking around somewhere, and even when it is something simple, you always wonder if it's the cancer getting ready to pounce.  Please do let us know what you find out.  

Gail  
Marie,  I will be praying for you.  Let us know how you are doing.  Shelly
Marie -

So sorry to hear this.  Please let us know how it goes.  I will be thinking about you.

Pam
Really sorry to hear this - Let us know how you are going

Jenny
I am so sorry you got some crappy news right before the holidays.  That really sucks but maybe it is not as bad as it sounds.  I will pray for you, keep us posted! Hugs Shannon
I am so sorry about this. I hope they can do something to help you feel better for the holidays. Please take care. Cindy
Hi Marie... My thoughts and prayers are with you, and looking for good news. It's very cold there at the moment..right?... so that probably doesn't help either. Stay strong Marie.. and keep us up to date with how you are doing....Hugs...Helen...
Marie, I am so sorry you have to face all of this again.  I will pray that it is not what it might seem to be.  I know it is not what you wanted from Santa, but please try and enjoy your holiday anyway.  
Do keep us informed as we will all be thinking good thoughts.
Big Hug
Jan
I am sorry you got such crappy news, and so close to Christmas! But I will keep you in my prayers that all turns out well. Never give up hope. And remember this is the season of miracles. LOL Chris
Got the phone call, it is not good.  Tomorrow I'll hear about getting it tapped and hopefully discuss treatment.  From everything I learned here, I am betting on Gemzar.  Thank you all for all your good wishes.  It is crappy to have cancer
Marie
Marie I am so sorry.  Sending you big hugs and love from Costa Rica.  Ronni
Marie, I am so sorry.  But, I felt so much better once they removed the fluid from my lungs.  It is a little scary, but it wasn't real painful.  Only, when they took the needle out and the lung started to expand, I couldn't breath and it scared me.  But, the nurses were right there and got me calmed down and in just seconds it was okay.  Good luck..  Yvonne
I am so sorry to hear your news!  I'll be praying for you!  I agree with Chris about the miracles, except that I believe it's always the season for miracles!  Take care of yourself.  Teresa
Avatar n tn
I will be keeping you in my prayers.
Marie,
Always hope for the best and good things will happen.  
Good luck and take care of yourself.  

I'm really sorry to hear this.  I hope whatever treatment they do makes you comfortable.  Take care!    

Hugs, Lori
Marie - I'm so sorry about the news sweetie. Please try and stay positive, and know you have a world of support with all of us cancer sisters. I will be praying for you. With love, Deandra
Avatar n tn
Marie,
How very upsetting for this to happen. Please keep up your strength (emotional and physical)--you have always been one of such great support and strength to everyone else on this forum. Know that healing wishes are coming up from Long Island by way of Northerly Winds  :)

Good thoughts and prayers,
Helen

Stay warm and toasty.
Thank you all for good thoughts. See the Dr tomorrow who will do the tap, he is going to do a biopsy on Friday.  I don't see my Gyn/Onc until after Christmas.