Ovarian Cancer Community
Nodule on Ovary that Shadows in Ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I had a pelvic ultrasound in March of this year (2005) and they found a soft nodule on my left ovary.  In May I went for another ultrasound.  They soft nodule on my left ovary did not change but now they found one on my right ovary.  I went back for another ultrasound in September and neither of the nodules changed but the one on my right ovary is shadowing (hard).  I am now going for a second opinion.  Could this be cancer?  Should I be worried? I'm really nervous.
1 Comment
terripro you are not alone, I thought the same thing 4 wks ago but it is amazing how many women are out there with the same symptoms/problems. This is a good site for info and you should check out http://www.hystersisters.com/ there is alot of really good info on this site. I have a cyst on each ovary and am going to be going for my 3rd opinion soon, well as soon as I make the appt.
Have they scheduled to do laproscopic surgery to biopsy the cyst?
If they haven't and they still have a wait see approach, than I would go to another doctor. My 2nd doctor wanted to wait see but my 1st doctor flipped out and insisted that I go to a gyn oncologist.  So don't wait. Good luck.