Ovarian Cancer Community
Nodule on right enlarged ovary/fluid in pelvic area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I was at my gyn for an annual. He said he saaw what he thought was a nodule on my right ovary and it was enlarged as well. He also said he saw some fluid behind my uterus. He wants to do an US in 2 weeks to see if ovary is back to normal size and the fluid is gone. He thought the fluid was from a ruptured cyst?????And i don't know about the possible nodule. Does this mean any signs of ovarian cancer?? I have no pain or bloating or discomfort. But I do get very heavy periods, which he did a blood test as well to determine if there is a hormaone imbalance or if it is structual. He may then consider a D&C and possible endometrial ablation. I am concerned more right now with ovary-nodule- and fluid. Does anyone have any info???????Thanks.
Hi-  I am 36 with 3 children (premenopausal) I have never had cramping or any kind of pain. This is really concerning to me bc my dr. never elaborated on if it's a nodule or possibly a tumor. He kinda just said it casually. I am actually waiting for a call back from him right now. I am really concerned about this fluid he saw behind my uterus. That sounds out of the ordinary to me. A ruptured cyst- I don't know if I think that is true.He wants to wait 2 wks for the US, but should I be concerned about a cancerous tumor? Does a tumor and a nodule look different on an US???? Any info would help.
I have no idea what he meant by nodule. He delivered all 3 of my boys- so I think he is a good dr. but I wish he would have gone into more detail as to whether or not it is a nodule or can it be something else. By him saying the fluid is behind my uterus is that the same as in my abdominal cavity? He didn't say whether it was blood or not. I'm sure he would have said if it was. Can this nodule you think be a tumor or would that have showed without a doubt ?????
I also have no pain and have not gained or lost weight.????????
You gave me so much information- thank you!!! I did actually speak to my dr. about an hour ago and asked - do I have a "nodule" and can it be a tumor? And also about the fluid. His reply: He did see something on my right ovary he referred to as a nodule or ovarian cyst- that corpus cyst you talked about. He said, yes it can be a tumor- but so can everything else. He said a spot on my nose can be a tumor. The only way to tell is to bring me to the OR which he's not going to do. He said he sees enlarged ovaries and this fluid everyday. His guess is it is that cyst and when I follow up in two weeks my ovary should heal itself. He said if he felt it was cancer he would have had me in for surgery already. I guess he can't say for sure- but I'm hanging on to those words.
I did have ovarian cysts when I was a teenager and they were painful. But burst once I got my period. This is different, bc there is no pain. There was a little pressure when I sat about a week ago. I thought it was from ovulating. Maybe it was this cyst. I watched my Aunt die last year of stage 4 ovarian cancer-thats why the paranoia.
Your research and response meant a lot-thank you again. I feel a little better after speaking with him, but still have to deal with the heavy bleeding issue after all of this. Gosh-what we go through!!!!!!!