Non-uniform Ovarian Texture?
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some feedback to put my mind at ease.  When I had my pap this year they sent me for an ultrasound which showed benign cysts on my right ovary and a complex cyst on the left and also a fibroid which they had found last year.  They had me go for a follow up US six weeks later which shows 2 cysts on the right ovary and the left ovary no cyst but they say it is nonuniform texture but they don't think it's anything to be worried about so they want me to go in 2 months for yet another US.

My mother died of cancer many years ago and to my knowledge it did start as ovarian so I am somewhat paranoid.

In your opinions, do you think waiting 2 months for a follow up is the way to go?

Also, my pap showed something abnormal so I also have to have a follow up pap on Nov. 22.

I have searched non-uniform texture on ovaries but can't find any information about what might cause this.

Thanks for any information you may have.
Your doctor is aware of the family history, correct?  Statistically speaking, there is likely nothing wrong, but it never hurts to have a second opinion.  In your case, given a family history, it might be wise to get a second opinion from a gyn oncologist if you do not already have one.