Ovarian Cancer Community
Nutrition and Supplements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Nutrition and Supplements

My Aunt had surgery this past July to remove a mass from her abdomen that was a result of Ovarian Cancer.  She's since had 3 rounds of chemo.  I'm worried that she's not getting the proper nutrition and or supplements that will help her with her strength and recovery.
Could any of you suggest foods and or supplements that you've found helpful?  My cousin is taking care of my aunt, but she also has a 6 year old and a 3 year old.  I'm trying to do anything I can to help.
Thanks so much, and best wishes to you all!
jeina
If in active treatment; CoQ10 (100mg to start then work up to at least 400mg daily), Maitake D-Fraction (www.maitake.com) for immune.  Those are two good ones to take.  Then you can look into fermented soy isoflavones and also DIM/I3C.
.......and lots of fresh fruit and veggies.... particularly the green leafy veggies, and red fruits.   For me, fresh is best. :-)
I hope your Aunt is soon feeling better and she responds to the treatments well.
Best wishes and hugs...Helen...
Thank you both so much!  I've passed along all the info to the rest of the family, and I send you their thanks as well.  jeina
There is also a book called "How to prevent and treat cancer with natural medicine".  I always recommend it...well laid out and chock full of info...answers all the questions you may have (although not updated to some brand new things that came out regarding some supplements, it's still pretty right on)