Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Ovarain cyst
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ovarain cyst

Hi Doctor.  Today I was told both my ovaries had follicular cysts and that there is a "dominant complex cyst on the left ovary with internal echoes in a nodular mural density.  No fluid in the culd-de-sac. A second cyst in the left ovary." My GYn said we would have to take it out and do a frozen section.  What does all of this mean in laypersons terms?  Is is indictative of cancer?  I am 41 and had the US becasue I have menorrhagia and pelvic pain.  Thank you