Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Ovarian Cancer & Fibroids
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cancer & Fibroids

I'm female, 54, caucasian, overweight & post-menopausal. I hadn't seen a Gyn in around 2-3 years. I just went, & through a sonogram & transvaginal sonogram, it was discovered that I have a cyst/tumor on my ovary - 9cm. I also have at least one fibroid tumor that is the size of a 4+ month pregnancy.
   I have been to an Gyn Oncologist & he is about to schedule a complete hysterectomy. I am so scared that it will be ovarian cancer or cancer in the fibroid. Is it common to have ovarian tumors accompany large fibroid tumors? Can a tumor on an ovary ever be a fibroid tumor?...or one that is benign?
   Can you tell me what questions I should be asking the oncologist? He said that one positive thing is that he sees little evidence of ascites. What does that mean. I have been asymptomatic, but I understand that ovarian cancer is usually without major symptoms.
    Thank you so much for your time and expertise.
                  Sammydo