Ovarian Cancer Mucinous Tumors/Dysgerminoma

I am trying to find women with ovarian cancer from mucinous tumors.  
I had a mucinous tumor (9 lbs) removed a week ago (along with my rt. ovary and uterus), but mine was benign too. I've heard that about 1 in 8 mucinous cystadenomas turn out to be malignant and the odds get higher for those who are post-menopausal.  They say the younger the better for that type of tumor.

Sorry about your sister and you are welcome to contact me if you want but I'm afraid I can't tell you much about the malignant variety as I was lucky enough to have the benign type.

Nancy
(***@****)
Hi. I was just diagnosed with dysgerminoma 1a. I don't know what to do. can I get ur friend, stephanies's email? Is she alright?Thank you!

Vivien
I had a 7.5 pound mucinous malignant tumor. I was stage 1 (no complete staging). I'm six months from chemo. That's all I know.
I was dx stage 3b mucinous cystadenocarcinoma in June of 2007.  My onc says I was really stage 3c. Mucinous tumors are often chemo resistant.  My biggest tumor was almost as big as a soccer ball.  My onc treats my cancer just like the more common tumor types even though there is much evidence that mucinous tumors respond differently and should be treated differently.  Until now I have been stable, but recently have had some recurrent symptoms.  Nothing has new been found yet.  Marie
Oops.  Just noticed this is an old thread.  Sorry.  Marie