Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Ovarian Cancer or Soft Tissue Tumor?

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Ovarian Cancer or Soft Tissue Tumor?

I have ovarian cancer (IIIc) and have recently been advised I have a "soft tissue tumor".  Can ovca cells also be a soft tissue mass?  I have never been told this before and am very confused as to whether this is the same type of cancer or a different type altogether.  It is located in the abdominal wall.  Can anyone clarify this for me?
Hi there,
soft tissue just means that the tumor is not cystic - that is - it is not full of fluid.

The soft tissues of the body include the fat layer (subcutaneous layer),  and the muscle/fascia layer. In constrast - the bone or the abdominal cavity would not be considered places of soft tissue.

Having a soft tissue tumor is usually just description of location or appearance. that does not tell what it is. You need a biopsy to confirm if it is cancer.

Good luck. please let us know what happens
take care
My mother has developed the same thing in her peritonial wall after surgery which revealed clear cell ca 1.5 yrs back. her CA 125 is also elevated to 62.8.
Better to check your CA125 and if possible CT scan followed by FNAC, I think doctor would be able to treat you.