Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian Cancer?

Hi, I am a 28 yo female w/ a 7 x 7 x 6 cm mass on my left ovary.  Text book symptoms for ovarian cyst, ovarian cancer, and endometriosis.  I did an ultrasound and my GYN suggested a hysterectomy beings my tubes were tied and my cycle was so debilitating.  She also suggested a CA-125 which was 495 and cancelled my surgery and referred me to a GYN-ONC.  Now I am waiting....  She suggests that it is an ovarian hemorrhagic cyst, endometrioma, or endometriosis that is causing this issue.  My main symptom outside of the pain is urinary frequency, pain (not UTI), and hesitancy.  I am a nursing student and my wheels are just turning with this issue.  I see the GYN-ONC in a week so any advice will help.  Could non-cancerous issues cause a CA-125 to elevate that much?
Thanks!!!
Yes non cancer issues can cause the CA125 to elevate that is why they do not do them on all women. They send you to the big guns just in case it is cancer also they are better at these surgeries. Make sure you like your surgeon and the facilities. Can you take someone with you to take note? Another nurse or nursing student, I took a nurse friend of mine. She helped with questions. Have questions written down. I was so scared that I asked nothing. I could not figure what to say. The surgery is not bad. I had to have the whole surgery with everything and I was up and around quickly. Gas is the worst part really. I stopped the pain medication as soon as possible because of constipation. Walking is all you can do to get the gas out. I was surprised how fast I recovered. Try not to worry it only makes it worse. I went horse back riding the day before my surgery.

Alex
Thanks, the info does help, time is just making me a wreck.  I go Christmas Eve, so positive thoughts.  :)
Hang in there. I am sending you compassion and validation for what is going on with you.

Alex
How's everything? Hoping positive thoughts were powerful!
Hugs!
Things with nursing school delayed my visit to the gyn-onc, but go this Monday finally!  Cannot wait!  Thanks for asking...
Surgery finally scheduled for Feb 21, at a point of success right now but sure the nerves will kick in closer to the date :/