Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian Cancer????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian Cancer????

Last year, I broke down crying from a 1cm cyst that supposedly twisted and i found out when i was taken to the emergency room!! I forgot what they told me but all i could remember was they told me i had a 1cm cyst and they gave me some meds and they told me to follow up with the doctor. So when i went home, i didnt feel anymore pain after that so i decided to hold off on seeing a doctor. So last month i went to the doctor (finally),and they did a transvaginal ultrasound and found out i have a 7cm cyst on my right. They didnt know what kind of cyst it was but they told me that they were sure it wasnt the one with hairs and teeth. I dont know if the cyst had grew or if its a new one. Anyways, i dont have any symptoms except for the irregular menstrual periods ive been having. So they told me to wait and see if the cyst shrinks, and i have until the 20th of this month to see the gyn. Well they also took my CBC and everything came out excellent. So just to be sure i asked them to give me a C125 and some more tests on top of that, I am going in tomorrow to take these tests, but i cant help but think about ovarian cancer. Its been freaking me out that i lost 13 pounds already, just by stressing about it. I have three beautiful little kids and i cannot afford to have cancer...:(...Anyways can someone tell me If im just stressing too much about it or what??Thanks alot for the support
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Ovarian cysts do not cause any symptoms in some women and are found on routine ultrasound. But the size of 7 cm is significant. Hence doing a CA 125 is the right thing. This will rule out the small risk of cancer. You are young and asymptomatic and hence a good outcome can be anticipated.  Consult your Doctor.
Take care & good luck.
A ca125 does not diagnose cancer.  It can also be elevated from regular cysts.  I was told when I had a complex cyst that was 6cm diam that they like to remove anything that size or larger.  However, sounds like yours wasn't a complex cyst.  I recommend that you get a copy of the ultra sound report and also copies of all your blood work.  Always helpful to keep copies of these results.  If they do recommend surgery, ask to have a gyncologist oncologist do the surgery, as drs can't be certain it's not cancer until the pathology.  My dr told me my complex cyst was 100% not cancer....he was wrong.  I ended up with a rare ovarian cancer, but only required surgical removal and careful watching for several years.  I was lucky, but realize how different it could have turned out if I didn't take the advise from others about second opinions, frozen section biopsies, etc.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Ok just got done taking my blood tests on Monday for the Ca125 so here comes the waiting time, i hate this part right here but oh well i guess ill have to wait until my nurse calls me with the results, im not too stressed about it until they take this cyst out of me! But oh well, i guess i already am ready to take in any kind of news coming my way either its good or bad!!!I know there is a God he will take care of me, cancer or no cancer !!! Thanks for the support i will keep you guys posted!!Thanks and love you all
Ok today i just got a call from my nurse, and my test results were in...VOILA!!!! Anyways, everything looked great my CA125 was 12(Thank God), the only problem in there was that my glucose was a little high and i didnt have enough vitamin D. My nurse then went ahead and told me that she already sent me some vitamin D pills.I have an appointment with my doctor gyn on the 20th of this month and i will request for another transvaginal ultrasound to see if the cyst had shrunk.It does feel like it shrunk but who knows until i get another ultrasound. Well i will update you guys on more info...Love you all and God bless
Ok today is Monday and wednesday is my appt with my gyn and he would check again to see if my cyst had shrunk!anyways im nervous again:(...ive been having some little pains here an there but nothing major!!Bu
How did your appointment go?  Hope all is well...keep us posted.