Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian Cancer????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ovarian Cancer????

I recently had an ultrasound and it showed "a questionable solid appearing area in the left ovary measuring 1.6 x 1 cm. It could represent ovarian tissue or small mass". After these results I was sent to get a MRI w/wo contrast, which showed no mass in the left ovary. Could the sonogram be wrong or is it possible the "mass" is to small to be seen on the MRI?
3 Comments
Blank
136849_tn?1327325110
Why did you have the ultrasound originally?  The MRI might not be picking this up due to the size and I would think they would of done this with contrast.  

If there is a mass, it is small, but I would not ignore it.
Blank
The ultrasound was done to rule out ovarian tumor due to high testosterone levels, as well as a ct scan to rule out adrenal tumor. The MRI was with contrast. I am scheduled for laperscopic surgery to do a biopsy. I am just worried it may be something serious since it said "solid appearing"
Blank
136849_tn?1327325110
Well surgery is no fun, but I am glad they are not putting it on the back burner.  Will keep you in our prayers.  Please keep us updated.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank