Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian Cyst at age 52

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian Cyst at age 52

I am 52 years old, never had children, one miscarriage.
Recently had a sharp pain in lower left side, Dr. ordered U/S and a very small cyst was discovered on my left ovary.  It appears to be fluid, yet the shape is questionable. The report says "cannot rule out cancer".  Is this common terminology on a U/S report? I still have very regular periods, lasting 3-5 days, began at age 10.  FSH tests (2) have shown a level of 4.6 & 4.5. From what I understand I am not close to beginning menopause. In fact my Dr. tells me that I am still quite able to conceive with a FSH of 4.6. I wonder how that is possible at my age? Still, he is very concerned and I am having my second U/S in a month.  My PAP came back perfect, my CA125 was perfect - all tests (white blood count, mammogram, etc.) came back without concerns. So what tests besides these or a biopsy would rule out cancer?
It is frightening to hear the "C" word.  It changes everything.  I am in the process of adopting a child and I am very torn as to whether or not to continue.  If this could be cancer, isn't it better to remove it now? Isn't there a greater chance of it spreading as time passes? - even in the 3 months between U/S? No one in my family has cancer of any kind, but I am the only one who has not had a child - and I understand that is a factor along with a FSH of a 30 year old, mixed with my age, still having normal periods and with having started my period at age 10.  Can anyone shed some light?
1 Comment
Ovarian Cancer:

Ovarian cancer starts in a woman's ovaries. The two ovaries, one on each side of the pelvis, produce eggs and are the main source of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. The sixth most common cancer (other than skin cancer), ovarian cancer also ranks fifth as the cause of cancer death in women.

Herbmark Product for Ovarian Cancer:

C-1000 Timed Release,Vitamin C, also referred to as ascorbic acid, is the single most commonly used vitamin supplement. It plays a major role in the formation of collagen (a structural protein in connective tissue), amino acid metabolism and hormone synthesis, and the utilization of many nutrients, such as folic acid and iron. It is also a key factor in the bodys immune system.This product provides a gradual release over a prolonged period of time.

Dont got your self into the heavy tests and doctors fees just order at discount offer on the link below.

,a href="http://www.herbmark.com/productdetail.asp?pid=132">Ovarian-Cancer.com</a>