Ovarian Cyst in Young Girl
My daughter is 13 and had laporoscip surgery on a large cyst in June.  This was a hemmoraghic cyst that had leaked into her abdomen.  She was readmitted into the hospital again this month with horrible pain and was on morphine for a few days and was released with oral pain killers.  The ultrasound this time showed fluid in her abdomen again but no cyst.  The doctor thinks she might have had another cyst that burst.  She is still feeling pain and is nauseous and has a really bad headache.  My question is, how long does it take for the fluid to be reabsorbed?  Could there be fluid and another cyst this soon after surgery or could this be fluid from the other cyst that is continuing to bleed?  Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm so sorry your daughter is going through all this at such a young age. I don't know the answer to your question but you might try posting to the Ovarian Cyst forum - this is the Ovarian Cancer forum and a lot of the women on here didn't deal with cysts. Scroll down the page and you'll find the link to the ovcy forum on the right under "Related Communities".  Good Luck, Chris P
Thanks.  I will do that.