Ovarian Cysts / Preventing them from bursting.
I had been having severe lower back pain, pain in my thighs & right leg, it got to much for me...so i went to the emergency room, they did a catscan & found that I have Ovarian Cysts on both my ovaries, I got scared. I read on my dis-charge papers that they can burst, causing blood & fluid in my stomache that causes severe pain. my question is; what can I do to prevent them from bursting? I see my doctor on the 12th, Dec. 2013. {Confused & Scared}  

This discussion is related to back pain with ovarian cyst.
HI,
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor on your follow-up? Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs or pockets within or on the surface of an ovary and  may be harmless. The majority of ovarian cysts disappear without treatment within a few months. However, ovarian cysts may indeed  rupture and the best ways to protect your health are to know the symptoms that may signal a more significant problem, and to schedule regular pelvic examinations. Take care and regards.