Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian 'Neoplasm'

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian 'Neoplasm'

I have a basic question that someone may or may not know the answer to.  If one is diagnosed with an ovarian neoplasm, is that the same thing as ovarian cancer?  I am aware that no diagnosis is certain until a biopsy is done [to the best of my knowledge, anyway], but I have seen the terms used synonymously [sp?].  Thanks in advance!
Neoplasm and cancer are one and the same.
marjalo is wrong! Neoplasm and cancer are NOT the same and you should not put out tha kind of information unless you know what you are talking about!! A neoplasm can in fact be benign, which is the case with a friend of mine who was initially told she had ovarian cancer and now has been told by her MD that it is a neoplasm, not cancerous.
Check your facts before you shoot your mouth off.