Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian 'Neoplasm'

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian 'Neoplasm'

I have a basic question that someone may or may not know the answer to.  If one is diagnosed with an ovarian neoplasm, is that the same thing as ovarian cancer?  I am aware that no diagnosis is certain until a biopsy is done [to the best of my knowledge, anyway], but I have seen the terms used synonymously [sp?].  Thanks in advance!
Avatar n tn
Neoplasm and cancer are one and the same.
Avatar n tn
marjalo is wrong! Neoplasm and cancer are NOT the same and you should not put out tha kind of information unless you know what you are talking about!! A neoplasm can in fact be benign, which is the case with a friend of mine who was initially told she had ovarian cancer and now has been told by her MD that it is a neoplasm, not cancerous.
Check your facts before you shoot your mouth off.