Ovarian Solid Masses
I have a solid ovarian mass which the GYN has been "watching" through transvaginal ultransound.  I had an ovarian ultrasound on Monday, June 10, 2013 and they said it had gotten smaller since the last ultrasound which was in March.  It now measures 1.8 x 1.9 x 3.6 centimeters. Obviously, unless they remove it, we have no way of knowing for sure if it is malignant.  Have you ever heard of malignant masses shrinking in size?  Thank you.
Most ovarain masses, tumors, cysts whatever you want to call them are benign.

Normally cancer won't shrink on it's own.

Have you had a CA-125 blood test?  Not that the test alone meaning anything.   Are you still getting your period?

Most cysts, etc are left alone until they are about 5-6 cms at which point they can begin causing problems.

If in doubt, seek another opinion.
Thank you NYC Lady.  I would think that a malignant mass would just keep growing, not shrinking, but wanted to get someone else's opion on it.  I have had 3 CA-125 tests and they were 18, 19 and 17.  But, I've been told not to put much faith in those as they can not always be an indicator of cancer.