Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian cyst, pain in abdomen, dizzy blurred vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi, I am on birth control constantly to not have my period. 1 and a half weeks ago, I have had constipation with and lower abdominal pains, that brought me to an urgent care place, they put me on flagyl and cipro, and thought it was diverticulitis. When the pain didn't go away and got better then worse, I went to see my pcp. She thought it was colitis and sent me for a CT scan. They found a 3cm cyst on my left ovary. The doc has not gotten back to me to dicuss my results, but earlier int he week I had bad pains, and was dizzy and my vision blurred to the point I couldn't read my kindle. The only thing that helped was lying down and trying to sleep. I have had a distended belly, and have not wanted to eat...but I have hypoglycemia so I have too. They were not able to tell me anything at the CT place, because my doc has to okay it...I had a bit of discharge last night mixed with brown blood, and a lessening of the pain this morning. Can this happen on BC pills? Should I bite the bullet and just go to the ER, even though I am feeling slightly better? Still dizzy...but lessened on the pain.
How long have you been on birthcontrol pills?
I have been on them for 18 years, these new ones with out my period...over 1 year.