Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarian cyst after hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarian cyst after hysterectomy

Hi there !! I hope some one can relate to my problem. I've been dealing with pelvic pain for many year, after many doctors and treatments i was diagnosed with endometrisis and I had an hystrectomy. The endometriosis was severe and the patology report said that they found pre cancer cells in the cervix.  I was relief that I had the surgery and I tought the pain would be gone, but after a few months the pain came back. My gyn did some other tests and last week i went to have a another test to see if i have interstitial cystitis and it came negative.  At that time i told my doctor that the pain was all over my pelvic an not only in my right side and that i feel like if I have some kind of weght hanging in my pelvic, he decided to do a pelvic exam and as soon as he pressed my abdomenn i felt the pain in my left side and he said that he could feel something and he proceeded to do the pelvic exam and confirmed that something big was there.  He was very surprised and said that 3 months ago when he checked me he didn't feel anything. He ordered an pelvic and vaginal ultrasound and I will see him tuesday.
Does anybody had a similar problem after having a hysterectomy??
I must say that i'm very scare, cancer runs high in both sides of my family.
Thank you and I hope somebody respond.
Love!
Hi there and welcome to the site.  Do you still have your ovaries?  I am asking since there could be a cyst or dermoid (these are benign).  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Keep us posted.
~Tascha
thanks to all of you for your response and your prayers
About your question Gatsby, I e still have both ovaries. I wish they have removed them!!
Not all masses in the abdomen are malignant; as a matter of fact, most are not. Still, they need to be removed.
My heart goes out to you; I am sure you could be found suspended from the ceiling from all the anxiety and stress you are feeling.  
I don't know why these guys make patients wait for the results of ultrasounds; it is just not very nice.  I have never had to wait for the results of an ultrasound; but, from what I hear here, I am the exception.
Tuesday is almost here; you should have your results in about 24 hours. Please keep us posted.
Peace.   dian
I have the same problem they found a cyst on my left ovary now they want to remove both