Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Ovarian cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Ovarian cyst

I was diagnosed with a hemmorhagic cyst which is also complex. it is 6cm large. The doctor said to me that oh I don't think it is cancer but it could be. The ultrasound did not state that is was a mass. However I am scared now that the doctor told me this. Any advice.The cyst is still there
and the pain is on the right and the cyst in on the left for 2 months now.
Hi There
a hemorrhagic cyst is usually a cyst of ovulation where there has been some bleeding into the cyst after ovulation. They resolve after a few menstrual cycles. A cyst that does does resolve and is causing pain should be surgically removed. If it looks hemorrhagic, it is most likely something like a cyst of endometriosis which is called an endometrioma. I agree that it would be rarely for a cyst with those characteristics to be malignant.

You should discuss the option of surgical removal with your doctor. I hope everything works out
best wishes