Ovarian problems after hysterectomy
I'm 37 and had a hysterectomy 5 years ago.  I still have my ovaries.  For the past year I've been extremely fatigued and have shared this with my doctor.  I've been told to lose weight and exercise to alleviate this.   I'm 190 lbs, most of it in the middle. I've felt very crampy at times and have had a small amount of brown discharge.  Where could this be coming from since I've had a hysterectomy?  My bowel habits have changed a bit too.  In recent months I've wondered if I might have a problem with my ovaries and the discomfort and discharge concern me most.  But I've also noticed that I have indigestion and have started carrying tums with me.  I guess in reading over some of the problems and symptoms of problems with ovaries, I 've become a little more concerned.
I also had a partial hysterectomy 8 years ago but still have my ovaries.  I don't have spotting like you do, but I do have pain in the area of my right ovary that sometimes extends to my right pelvic area.  I know that ovarian cysts can cause indigestion and can also cause discharge.  I think you should see your doctor for an examination to see if a cyst can be detected.  If so, the doctor will recommend an ultrasound.  I saw my doctor on Tuesday and go for an ultrasound tomorrow.  I was told that it could be scar tissue from my hysterectomy.  Since you have discharge, yours is probably a cyst.  It may have possibly burst, causing the discharge.  I wouldn't take a chance, though.  See your doctor.  Good luck.
I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 3 MONTHS AGO AND KEPT MY OVARIES BUT SINCE OP HAVE HAD SHARP SHOOTING PAINS IN RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE INTEMITTENTLY. I BELIEVE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY OVARIES. I ALSO HAVE HORRENDOUS BACK PAIN WHEN WALKNG FOR LONG PERIODS OR TOO FAR. I GET NO JOY THOUGH WHEN SPEAKING TO MY DOC.