Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovarion cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovarion cyst

Looking for anyone who has had ovarian cysts to give me some input...I am 51 years old, that has a large complex ovarian cyst, that has been recommended I have a biopsy done. Also have 3 hypoechoic myometrial masses with the largest measuring 2 cm.  I had a fibroid and ovary removed 30 years ago. I am scared of the potential of cancer, and have heard if a biopsy is done, cancer could spread if there is cancer?  Why would they just not do a complete hysterectomy and have it over with? I have no ovarian cancer in my family, although most of the women have had hysterectomies...Just looking to talk to someone about this..thanks.
Hysterectomies or removing ovaries can cause issues. A nerve was cut in my case so no more sexual feeling for me and I am 49 and happily married. I had no idea it could happen no one told me. Then the sweats. I was in menopause but this is unreal. I soak my sheets every 30 minutes so I can't get a night's sleep. I am even on medication to block sweating. In my case I did have cancer so I am happy to be alive, but I liked sex with my husband and sleeping.

Alex
I hope you  have beat cancer!  It's so hard to decide what to do when you are supposed to trust the doctors to do the right thing.  
I am doing well thanks. I hope yours turns out not to be cancer.

Alex