Ovarian Cancer Community
Ovary/Tube removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Ovary/Tube removal

OK I am maybe a little confused here.  I have been told that I have a blocked tube and bad ovary.  Doc said I could only get pregnant off of my right ovary now.  Now I still get my cycle every month  so if I can only get pregnant off the right ovary then why do I still have my cycle every month?  Also since I have been have ALOT of pain from the left side he has talked of removal.  Also mentioning the down side is that if my right side goes bad then I lose all the hoormones.  So is the left side still producing eggs and hormones?  Im confused truely.
If i am not mistaken as long as you have a uterus ,you will have your cycle every month.And as long as you still have one ovary ,you will still produce harmones...
It is likely that both ovaries are still functioning, if nothing happened to the ovary 'attached' to the damaged fallopian tube.  In a normal situation, the 'egg' is released  by the ovary, then proceeds through the fallopian tube, towards the uterus.  However, in cases where the tube is damaged, or where the tube has been cut as a birth control measure, the 'egg' simply dissolves without continuing on into the uterus.

However, even if you only have one ovary, because one ovary is damaged or  it has been removed, then you can still have a menstrual cycle every month.  Our bodies are incredibly resilient.  The remaining healthy ovary  can take over and produce the hormones, and usually an 'egg,' each month.  I currently only have one ovary as the other was removed in 2004, and you would not know it as I have a cycle each month.
ok So it is not the egg that produces the cycle it is the uterus wall lining that is striping every month regardless of eggs.  OK now Sex Education if finalally coming back to me.  The ovary is attached to the tube with a cyst form of some kind.  I saw the picture form when they did my lapro.  This helps to make sense for me.  I also worry with all the issues I have had that at some point the other will go bad.  But for now Live for today.  I thanks you for your insight and wish each and everyone well.