Ovarian Cancer Community
PELVIC AND LOWER BACK PAINS AND VIGINAL DISCHARGES

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am 40 years old. For the past three months I have been experiencing lower back, and pelvic pains. I have been having water color viginal discharges. My doctor gave me some antibiotics which I took for three weeks after which the pain went down. But my vigina (vagina) is still discharging. I went back to my doctor but he referred me to Women's doctor. When I went to her she only gave me some vitimines.
My pains have come back and I am still discharging. What should I do?
If pain meds and heating pad don't help with the pain, keep bugging the Dr until they check it out further. It may be nothing other then starting to go through pre-menopause.

I am 46. I have had left ovarian pain off and on since I was about 40,  Previous Drs. had told me this was normal for my "age" and would go away when I went through menopause.  I started having severe pain in the area of my left ovary and like yours my lower back would hurt as well. Since I was seeing a chiropractor once a month, He would do adjustments that would help, but the pain always came back. .
After about 8 months I finally went to reg Dr. . Pap was normal. but because the pain had been occurring on a regular basis she decided to do a trans-vaginal ultrasound. I was told the ultrasound showed I have fibroid. She recommended to be rechecked in 6 months. I went back to a New Dr (the original Dr. moved)  the  end of Nov and we did a repeat ultrasound. Fibroid had not changed size, but she said my endometrial lining was not thinning like they felt it should after my cycle. So she referred to Gyn. Saw Gyn  end of Jan and she reviewed previous test and described the endometrial thickening and how everything should "slough off" during cycle.Mine does not.  To rule things out she recommended an endometrial biopsy which I am scheduled for today. One thing the gyn did mention in passing that my left ovary did not show up on the ultrasound. She thinks it may be behind a fibroid. Once we get results of the biopsy then we will investigate the other.
Not sure if this helps or not but I wanted to share.
I
Did your gyn recommend an ultrasound?
AuntieChris;
Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I have lost my health insurance about two years ago so I am paying everything out of pocket. Therefore, I am not able to afford most of the the test that I am supposed to do. Please keep me in your prayers because the my lower back pain is unbearable.
It really bites that you don't have insurance. What is worse, is what they charge to do an ultrasound and what they will accept from an insurance company. My fist ultrasound, they did both an abdominal and trans vaginal. The first time they billed insurance close to 2000, 2nd time was only vaginal they still billed over 1000. However both times the insurance only paid $287. Check with the doctor and see if they will do an adjustment on the billing. I know of many Drs that will accept the equivalent of what insurance pays you just have to ask.
Don't know if you can afford to see a chiropractor, but I do believe in them. Having your lower back adjusted will help with some of the pain. I know it helped with my lower back pain.

I hope you are able to get an ultrasound at least to find out what is causing your problems. I will be keeping you in my prayers.  
My last post should have been to your attention. Sorry.