Ovarian Cancer Community
PERIOD ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

PERIOD ???

I THINK MY PERIOD WILL BE DUE AT THE TIME IM HAVING SURGERY WILL THIS CAUSE A PROBLEM ???
I had just started my period before my surgery and they were okay with it.  They gave me a pair of netted underwear so they could cut them off during surgery.  I have had surgery twice to remove a mass from my ovary (2nd time removed the ovary too) and I bled even more after the surgery. So I don't think it matters but it is always good to check with your doctor.
ooh good question -  have just worked it out and I am due on the day before my operation.  Am assuming that as my doc has not mentioned it, it would not be a problem but I think I will ask tomorrow just to be on the safe side.
CAN U LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY SAY IM NOT DUE TO SEE MY DOCTOR UNTIL 23RD OCT  THANKS

JANE
Hi Jane,
When I went in for a laporotomy of the left ovary in August I told the gyno my cycle was due during or after the surgery , he said "Don't worry about it" I got my period 1 day after the surgery, it wasn't as painful as I thought, you also will be on alot of pain medication which helps. I know how stressed you feel, I was a total wreck, my gyno opened me up and couldn't even operate he said my left ovarian tumor was fuised against my pelvic bone, intestine and colon to top it off he said I have ALOT of adhesions on my intestine and colon with fibroids on my uterus so now I have to go to a different hospital and have 3 new surgeons operate on me, he told me I may need a hysterectomy, and have part of my colon and intestine removed, I never had kids so this is really stressing me out,I don't want to go through it again .
Best of luck I will be praying for you.
God Bless!
Angelwings21
THANK YOU (AND EVERYONE ELSE) FOR YOUR HELP  I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU INITIAL DIAGNOSIS WAS BEFORE THEY OPENED YOU UP

JAN
The gyno told me I had a tumor on my left ovary before surgery, I then had a ultra sound and a MRI done. I was supposed to get a MRI with contrast but the tech gave me one without contrast so that is why the doc did not see how bad my stomache was.
Hope you are well.
Angelwings21