PT-250
My sister, age 66, has had pain on her left side since Jan. 2006.  The Dr. has been treating her with an antibiotic then a chest x-ray.  In April,they finally did an ultrasound.  Two weeks later she got the results: 3 cysts and 3 masses on her left ovary. Her PT-250 is 400.  Surgery is now scheduled in 10 days as the Dr's don't feel it is an emergency.  She has been told that they will take out the ovary, biopsy it then if it is cancer she will have a complete hysterectomy.  After reading many articles on the internet, I feel it is ovarian cancer.  She does not have a blotted stomach, but is in pain.  The Dr.s also said that her other orgins look fine.
Does this sound right to you? and how fast does ovarian cancer spread?
Welcome Martha Rae to the Forum!  I agree with you!  Who is doing the surgery?  The two surgery plan is not ideal in the worse case scenario, keep in mind it could be benign but we all have to plan for that scenario.  When you talk about the PT test is it equivalent to the CA125 blood test for cancer antigens or something else?  Mary V
By biopsy, does the doctor intend to do a "frozen section" while she is on the operating table, so that if cancer is found the TAH/BSO can begin immediately?   A two-stage surgery, weeks apart is not a good game plan for these situations.    Hopefully, the plan is for it to be done at once, if necessary.

And, yes, who will be performing the surgery...a gyn oncologist, I hope!  It is most important when cancer is a possible diagnosis that the doctor performing the surgery know the disease and be experienced at debulking (removing as much of the cancer as possible.)
CORRECTION  TO  PT-250  

IT IS CA-125
CORRECTION;  PT-250  SHOULD BE   CA-125