Ovarian Cancer Community
Pain!!!! All she does is feel the pain!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

My mother is 59 years old and has been living in PAIN for the last four months.  Here are her symptoms:  Servere pain in the lower stomach (on each side of the navel area), pain in the stomach when she eats and drinks, Her intestines are infected from her stomach to her colon.  She has servere nauseua (she throws up on a daily basis, mainly after she eats), extreme exhaustion, diarrehia and constipation (both, weird, huh?).  She has already ruled out her gall bladder, intestinal diseases and GERDS.  She has a doctors appointment with her OB-GYN tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on what she may ask the doctor about to maybe see/test what is wrong with her.  Thanks for any help any one can supply!!!
Tags: bowel
I had pain in side, running to navel. nothing showed on ultrasound or ct. i had laproscopic investigation surgery and unfortunatly was stage 3c cancer. also had constipation, bloating, pressure on bladder. had gone to e.r. for pain after ob/gyn and gi drs did not find cause. hope she doesn t have cancer, but laproscopy was my last resort.
Thank you for your concern.  i am praying she doesn't have cancer myself, but it will be a relief to find out what is wrong with her.  She has said many times that she could handle being told she had cancer if they only knew for sure that cancer was what she has.  I guess the unknown and not knowing is worse than knowing you have cancer.  Thanks for your comment.
What do you mean by her intestines are infected and how did they determine that?  What is that in relation to the "ruled out" intestinal diseases?
The unknown is a frightening void but nothing is scarier than having this monster lurking around every corner.  I too felt relief once out I found out for sure it was cancer and that lasted about a minute.  With all that is going on with her she should at least ask for a CT scan and take it from there.
Good luck
Jan
Sherry

Please advise if there is any history of cancer in the family.  If so I would be very concerned. It is good that she have the symptoms because if it is cancer, the earlier you know about it and take action the better it is.  It is often a silent killer and diagnozed during the surgery.  I do not want to scare you but it is better to insist on referal to an oncologist for further evaluation.  Have them check her CA -125 blood level because a lot of times elevated numbers correlate with the cancer.  Keep in mind that there are lots of factors affecting it though.
Hi Sherry... I don't want to frighten you in any way, but what your Mum is experiencing is just about the same as what I had, especially the bowel changes and throwing up my food, just before I was dx.Of course you shouldn't jump to conclusions, as it could be something entirely different to cancer and when your Mum sees her Doctors they will probably send her for some tests to determine what the problem is. I hope that your Mum doesn't have this horrible disease. Please let us know how she is doing after seeing the Doctors. Wishing you all the best....Helen..
Intestinal blockage  and a necrotic bowel will act this way too. The diarrhea will be watery stools that come around the blockage, vomiting occurs because the colon and intestine can't fully empty, very painful. My son had to have the necrotic part of his bowel removed, please watch for any browish red stool as this is a sign of rupture. I would get her in for a colonoscopy ASAP. My sons surgery was an emergency because he hemorrhaged. Your post reminded me so much of his problem.
She has had a colonoscopy and this is what ruled out any intestinal diseases.  Something is making her intestines infected but doctors can not find out what it is.  We are hopeing that the OB-GYN can find something out she has not gotten home from that appointment as of this time.  Thank you for all of your concerns and remedies.