Ovarian Cancer Community
Pain In The Ovaries (mostly right one)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Pain In The Ovaries (mostly right one)

I have so much pain in my ovaries (both but mostly the right). I can not hold my urine for not even 2 minutes without getting sharp pains in my ovaries. So sharp that I have to stop what im doing and stay in one spot hunch over holding my stomach. I have been to the doctor and was confirm i have ovarian cyst but the doctor said soon it will disolve. its been awhile(year or so) now and it seems like it may have got worst. Reason being said i have lost alot of weight not even trying im talking about 20 pounds , i really dont have an appetite so sometimes i will go a few days without eating not even trying to until i make myself eat something. Sometimes the pain goes all the around to my back (kidney area) and when my menstrual is on the cramps is outrageous even a time where i even pass out because of it. im really scared dont really know what to do , or what should i expect when i go to the doctor. I can just feel slight pains in my ovaries sitting here writting this. so for the conclusion i have pain in ovaries , kidneys , cant hold urine , numbness in body sometimes , feeling need to vomit , and bad menstruals.

Can anyone give me any advice ? or similar stories and the outcome
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
The pain in the abdomen and menstrual cramping can occur because of ovarian cysts. Although the cysts were small previously, a follow up examination and an ultrasound scan are necessary to see whether they have regressed or grown in size. Pain can also be caused by pelvic infection, endometriosis etc. Also you need to check for urinary infection. Consult a gynaecologist and an urologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
1 Comment
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.