Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Pain after Cyst removal

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Pain after Cyst removal

In the beginning of August I had a cyst removed on my left ovary, I also had my ovary removed on that same side.  It has been about a month and have now started to feel pain again on my left side.  I am feeling the same way I did before I had my surgery.  I am worried and have made an appointment to be seen next week, but was wondering if this seemed normal to you.  Is this something that sounds typical. Although I do have that appointment it just seems so far away to wait for an answer.  Can you help?
Hi There
it does seem normal. But it is good to have a check and make sure there is no sign of infection
best wishes
I go tomorrow, but the pain has seem to worsen.  Especially when I have a bowel movement.  I am really scared, could another cyst form on that side somehow.  It feels the same as before.  Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. It means alot to have this forum.
Hope you will let us know what your dr. said about this issue.  

My cyst and ovary removal was six months ago and now I'm having the heavy flows, bowel issues, increased urination and intermittent abdominal/pelvic pain as I experienced right before the cyst was removed.  I wonder about adhesions, though, since this is on the same side the ovary was removed.  I did not go back to the ob/gyn but went to my pcp who ran a cbc (slightly elevated white count--was 14 with 10 being highest range of normal) so had to go into dr office 3 days and have antibiotic shots and abdominal ct (waiting on the results although will probably show nothing remarkable since they have not called yet and if something had been found they would have contacted me immediately).  The dull pain is still there and wbc is down to a 12, so guess that wasn't the issue.  Seems it's something I just may have to live with, although I wish I had been told by ob/gyn that this was a possibility.  Went from 30 years of virtually pain free menstruation to six months of not-fun periods and the current 8 weeks of cramping at least 5 days/week.  It's sure making me hope menopause is coming soon.  I had been led to believe that everything would go back to normal after the surgery.  

This sounds like a lot of complaining (sorry) and I hope you don't mind my posting on your thread.  It's just that I certainly do appreciate the dr. here posting and it struck such a chord with me to see that this type of ongoing pain could be normal.  Best Wishes