Ovarian Cancer Community
Pain in my tailbone!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Pain in my tailbone!

Hello!  Thank you for your help.  A year ago I had invasive cervical cancer.  Rad Hyst and 20+ lymph nodes removed, no further treatment except visiting doctor every 3 months.  Each month around period time have similar symptoms that seem to be getting worse.  Last month was the worst.  My right leg, hip joint and buttocks Kills with throbbing pain.  After sitting for a bit when I get up it is excrutiating pain in my tailbone, lower pelvic area. It goes away once I am up. My leg swells and stays swelled for a few days. Last month it was so big I couldn't fit in some clothes. It swells in groin and ankle. You couldn't see my ankle bone.  My general doctor tested for blood clot, ultrasound said no.  It eventually went down.  My doctor was concerned and did a CT of pelvic and abdomen.  They found a 3cm cyst on my right ovary, which was abnormal looking and enflamed.  Then they did an ultrasound that was inconclusive.  They are going to repeat in 8 weeks (the longest 8 weeks of my life).  I have also recently been very bloated feeling and constipated.  I had a colonoscopy because of that and he said IBS.  But still not happy with that.  I am nauseous and this past week have been VERY dizzy.  I lay down and feel the world is spinning.  Now it is all day dizziness.    
Could the tailbone pain have anything to do with this?  Does cervical cancer ever metastize to the ovaries?  What do you feel is my risk?  Should I be insisting on something else or waiting?  With the cervical cancer I waited because they said it was "nothing"  I had never had an abnormal pap!
Hi... I had to post because I am a mom of 5 too!  I had invasive cervical cancer (4 years ago) which still baffles me, as I had never missed a pap smear (although I had abnormal ones for about 2 years preceding the diagnosis... 4 doctors, 2 leeps, 2 cone biopsies and at least 1 crysurgery.

I was searching this forum, as last month I had a day of spotting (first time to see blood down there in a long time!).  Went to see a new gyno/onc in a new state... and went through all that anxiety "all over again".

Everything looked fine, until Monday when I had a CT scan.  I have fluid near an ovary and have been told I need a CA125 test and a transvaginal ultra-sound.

While I'm pretty confident it's "just a cyst"... I have to say it's still unnerving...  

Good luck to you!

I to have had pain in my tailbone, hips and legs for years.  I have a small cyst on my ovaries.   Had ultrasounds which they say are fine.  My paps are normal.  I feel like I have period cramping most of the time, even without my period?  I did fail twice on my tailbone about 10 years ago.  My family has a back problem (disks).  Any comments would help.  Thanks.