Ovarian Cancer Community
Pain on opposite side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Pain on opposite side

I have been having pain on my lower right side as wall as pain in my lower back on the right side also.  I had my right ovary removed many years ago.  My PCP sent me for a CT scan and all it showed was a cyst on my left ovary which was about 3cm.  My gyn does not feel this could be causing the pain on my right side.
Has anyone ever had pain on the opposite side??  I'm not sure what else could be causing this.
I had a ct scan done for a cyst on my right ovary but when I went into surgery to have it removed they found one on my left ovary and my Doctor said that they wouldn't have seen it because it was hiding.  Hope this helps
Yes!
When I was last pregnant (about 6 weeks)I had sharp pain on my left side and spotting.  They scanned me to check for an ectopic but it turned out to be an implantation bleed and pain from the cyst on my right ovary.
My pain was on the opposite side.  At my initial appointment with the doctor, I complained of pain in my right side, and  my intestinal complaints seemed most prominent on my right side as well.  My doctor sent me for an ultrasound, and I was astonished when I was told the mass was on my left ovary.  My doctor replied that the effect is common.
I have had pain on the opposite side from my cyst.  I think it is  because of its location.  However, I did get pain on the same side of the cyst as well.

gina
I have a cyst on each ovary (left 10x15 & right 30x35) and I have most of my pain on the left side; constant pain shoots down left leg. Go figure! You would think the right side would be more painful.