Ovarian Cancer Community
Panic.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Panic.

I am 24 years old. I have always been scared of hospitals and doctors in general. A little over a month ago I went to the emergency room with sever pain in my lower abdomen. The found a cyst 6 cm on my left ovary. I went into a gyn only for them to send me for an internal ultrasound. I had to push the date back due to insurance purposes. I received a message from the dr. himself stating it is a complex cyst and he is worried and we need to follow up to make sure it isnt ovarian cancer. I have been in hysterics since the voice mail. I went in for the ultrasound yesterday morning and recieved a call from the drs office today. They sd it is now 4cm but it is a solid complex cyst. They arent as worriesome but the chance of cancer is still there. They want for me to wait 6 weeks and do another ultrasound and follow up with another dr. bc the one I have been seeing is retireing. If its not gone by then, I will have to get the biopsy done. I am not good with not knowing. I dont understand if they even have the slightest thought that it could be ovarian cancer why they dont go ahead and do the biopsy. I just dont like being in the dark. I am scarred. I feel like people think I am over-reacting bc I dont know anything that Definitive, but I can help to have this fear in the back of my mind.
Good luck and please update us when you hear anything else! I am going through the same thing right now and would like to know what other doctors are saying about complex cysts.  
Hi, it is scary, I know.  Women get "functioning" cysts each month during their reproductive lives.  They are supposed to go away.  If they don't, doctors either watch them or, if the cysts grow, take them out.  Since your cyst seems to have shrunk a bit your doctor most likely wants to see what it will do after you have another period.

Cysts that big can cause pain and other symptoms.  I'd suggest keeping track of the pain or anything else you notice that is out of the ordinary for you.

Try to relax.  I know it's hard to do.  Take care.