Ovarian Cancer Community
Panicking/ worried - Painful Haemmorahagic cyst and CA 125 - Should I h...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Panicking/ worried - Painful Haemmorahagic cyst and CA 125 - Should I have surgery or can I travel home?

Panicking/ worried - Painful Haemmorahagic cyst and CA 125 - Should I have surgery or can I travel home?
by BettyBrighton

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend
BettyBrighton
Member since Mar 2009

, 1 minute ago
Tags: worried, surgery, painful, cysts, ultrasound, test, panicking, hormone, cyst
I am on holiday 12 hours long haul flight from home. and am wondering if I can travel home or if I need to have surgery here.   What is truly necessary in a situation like this.  I am 'bricking it' (Brit for v. worried) and don't know what to ask or where I stand.

I have had pain for three weeks which is now reducing to  lower level.  An ultrasound scan shows there is a haemorrhagic cyst of nearly 5 cm.  2/3rds grey on the image and 1/3 black.  A CT scan shows the cyst as smooth.  I have had hormone and tumour marker blood tests done,  All levels are normal except for CA 125 which is 58.  The cyst appears to be stable and has blood flow around it so doesn't appear to be twisted.

I am being advised to have a surgical procedure next week in Singapore, a laparoscopy which may turn into a bigger operation should anything of concern appear.  The medical facilities here are good.  But I am not a local and don't really know who to go to.

Please does anyone know anyone who could advise me on whether or not I would be safe to fly home and have this checked out in the UK?  how soon would I need to make sure it is seen to ?

Thanks for your help.

BB