Ovarian Cancer Community
Pelvic Pain, bloating, back and leg pain (m)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi there. I'm 36 years old and have one son born 4 years ago with ovarian stimulation and insemination.  In the past, I did have pre-cancerous cells in my cervix and had a LEEP, this was 12 years ago and I ahve been fine since.  From Childbirth, everything had fallen.  On 2/1 I had surgery Burch Retropubic Urethopexy tieing up bladder, rectocele, enterocele and A&P vaginal repairs. Major surgery.  Now, recently, I have been feeling bloated/fullness feeling in stomach area.  I have intermittent pain on left side running througout abdomen mostly on the left side under ribs.  I have been urinating more often and have back and leg pain. Note:  I have been diagnosed in the last two years with osteoarthritis and have a small herniation in L5/S1 and a bulge/tear in L4/L5.  I also have bilateral sacroiliac joint dysfunction so I don't have know if all of the back/leg pain is from that or maybe ovaries?  Anyway, I have had several epidural injections in both areas over the last year and 1/2, and none have brought any relief and I'm not "bad enough" for back surgery.  

Now, I went to my ob/gyn and he did a throough pelvic exam and didn't fidn antyhing. Said I am healing good from the surgery (although I still have pain w/intercourse) and said he wanted to send me for an ultrasound to make sure there is not anything we are missing.  Then he said after he examined me "i'm thinkin' we should have done a hysterectomy".  Why would he say that?  I have been researching my symptoms and all lead to ovarian cancer.  HELP, is there anything else causing these pangs?  Any feedback appreciate
First... take a deep breath.
If it is cancer, it's something that you can get through. There are many women here who have battled ovca and I'm sure they'll post here soon.
If you have questions on what your dr. said or did, don't be afraid to call him/her and ask. It is your body, and your information. You have every right to ask for explanations.
Hang in there....
~Marianne
Hi there, i doubt you have ovarian cancer if your pelvic exam felt normal. Typically the gyne would feel a mass or cyst in your uterus or on your ovary itself. An ultrasound will tell more definitively that the ovaries are normal size etc. Could your fullness be from something else, like irritable bowel syndrome?

Welcome to the site and hope you feel better soon!

Linda J
I wonder too if becase I am overweight (5'8" and 195 lbs.) if he's even able to feel anything on my belly? Or through it?
Hi again. Did you schedule your ultrasound? I think that would be the best thing to do. You really may be worrying for nothing. The pain you feel in your back and legs could well be caused by your back issues.

Linda J
Yes, it's for Thursday at 12:30.  Thanks for all your feedback.  I'll post results when I get them.
I forgot to mention that I also had a bilateral tubal ligation during that same surgery on 2/1/06.  Ok, I'll post after Thrusday with my U/S results.  Thanks everyone!
I am also not looking forward to the TVUS, because I am still extremely tender/sore "down there" from mysurgery and if it's not "warm" I'm not going to like it LOL!  Ugggh, if it isn't one thing, it's another.  But, I know I need to have it done, so I'll ask if I can insert it myself maybe and just tell her to be gentle. ;)
Sandra
Everytime I have had to have a tvus, I have had to insert the wand myself, so you should not have a problem!!
~Tascha
Welcome!  I agree with Linda J.  She has some excellent advise for you.  Although 99% of ovarian cysts are benign, it is still wise to seek the medical attention that you need.  The tvus will be able to show what is going on in there!  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
I have unbelievable pain in my legs acompanied by lower back ache and bloating. I  get this everymonth for a week before my period and the 4 days i am on, Sometime the pain is so bad in my legs I can't face getting out of bed.

Hot water bottle and nurofen help ease it a bit i also get cram in my feet.

I have had this pain since i was 14 I am now 26 and still not used to it, have seen doctor about this numerous times and he just dismisses it !!

never thought of cysts, IBS or PCO (poly cystic ovaries)

anyone have the same symptons

Nat x

I know a woman in US who can help you. She will give you the exact and precise diagnostic about your pain in the legs and other issues you may have. She helped me with my prostate cancer and now my prostate is healthy.

Her email: ***@****

Good day!
reglice