Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Please help me to know the treatment options for Stage IV ovarian cance...

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Please help me to know the treatment options for Stage IV ovarian cancer recurrence

My mother is of age 50. She had hysterectomy in May 2006 for the reason of heavy bleading and after 2 years, she was feeling stomach fullness, bloating , stomach cramps. And in July 2009, she was diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer with Liven mets . She underwent 6 cycles of chemotherapy with paclitaxel + CarboPlatin followed by bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy in January 2010. When she went for the followup checkup in June 2010, her reports seem ok. But after a gap of 3 weeks, she again went for a chekup as she had sever stomach cramps. Then the reports revealed the recurrence with some masses on both sides of adnexa and some masses in the liver(Not able to provide the exact terms in the report). Now she has taken 1st cycle of chemotherapy with Lipodox + Carboplatin combination. Would you please suggest us is this the right medicine for her? What other treatment options are available to improve here condition?

We are very greatful to you if you can kindly guide us on the treatment ioptions.

Hi there,
the combination of lipodox and carboplatin is a very good one.I agree with that choice.

other options include
carboplatin with taxol or with gemzar

please let us know how things are going
best wishes
Hi Doctor Goodman,

Thank you very much for your kind response. My mother has taken only one chemo with lipodox and carboplatin combination. I will keep you posted how things are going further.

Thank you.