Polyp Removal
I had been having severe cramping, extended periods, heavy flow, lower back pain, bloating, gas and was very tired.  During my annual exam my GP told me that I had a polyp and needed to get it removed as she knows I want to get pregnant.  I am 38 years old.  The GYN did the removal in the office.  She commented that the polyp looked very large and was sticking out of my cervix.  When she pulled it through and then pulled to remove she was very worried that it was a fibroid because of the size and appearance.  Should she have given me any sort of anasthetic?  That was the most pain I have ever experienced.  Now she has called and said that it was a polyp but did not mention whether or not it was tested for cancer.  Should I be worried?
I had a polyp removed in May.  Polyps are rarely cancerous, but will still get tested after the removal.  I have had heavy periods, and have been told that I do have another polyp.  I am due to have a hysterctomy in Dec.  One doctor says fibroids, the other endometriosis, but either way have bled heavy for over two years now.
my doctor wanted to act fast with the removal as I want to get preganant and am 38 and have never been pregnant.  They discovered the polyp during an annual exam.  They said it was half way out of my cervix.  

Do you think it is normal to just pull it out with no numming of any kind?  It was extremely painful.
Hi there

I am also 38 years of age and recently has a uterine polyp removal to help with my fertility.  However this was done with a general anesthetic in hospital as advised by my doctor.  I was told to take 2 days off work and given a pack of pain killers to help me.

However, I have read other women who have said that they have had their polyps removed by their doctor without any painkillers.

I would see another doctor to get a second opinion - especially if you are in any type of pain.