Ovarian Cancer Community
Possible growth in uterine wall maybe a nabothian cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I'm a little scared though everything i've read on this says its nothing to be concerned about; though i'm angry i had to find out from a medical records request and not from my acutal doctor.  luckily today i have an ultrasound scheduled because I have had been experiencing abdominal pain and weight loss, and with the new findings I'm even more scared and confused, in the same test they found a cyst on my liver i also posted on the liver forums. I'm just curious...they said possible nabothian cyst, which meant they weren't sure what it was, or couldn't tell, it could be a cancerous lesion for all they know especially with all the cramping and heavy periods i've been having lately..They put me on  birth control to regulate my menstral cycles but i'm still having the abdominal and back pain in fact so bad that for the last few years i've been getting epidural nerve blocks for the pain...

any support would be greatly appreciated cancer runs in our family and i'm already worried about  breast cancer...have some minor symptoms...
Good Luck with the US and let us know how it comes out.
I just had a mass in the wall of my Uterus and it was adenomyosis which is endometreosis in the wall. I went to an endometreosis specialist in NYC. I had severe abdominal pain on my left side and very heavy periods. It took a long time to diagnose. Did they find the mass with an ultrasound? Another symptom of adeno is an enlarged Uterus and very heavy periods.An MRI will show if the Uterus is enlarged mine was not. Mine was isolated and it was located behing my left ovary.I had surgery in 8/06 for stage 3 endo after surgery I still had pain. He could not figure out why he gave me an ultrasound and found a cyst on my left ovary so he put me on birth control and a month later he gave me an ultrasound and there it was it was behind the cyst which was now gone. My mass was weird it was a combo of adeno and fibroid with a center of blood. When he went in the mass was about 4 times as big as what the ultrasound showed him. Adeno and endo is complex. Find a good DR!!! If you mention adeno to your Dr and he does not have a clue find one that does. If they mention surgery do your homework make sure he has done many if they use lasers they do not remove everything I have had 2 past surgeries with a laser for my endo and it came back it has to be excised (cut out). Your Dr may mention hysterectomy if adeno is spread through the wall which they really can not tell so be prepared for that one. Adeno is not life threatining so that is why Dr's take a conservitive approach.Make sure you have a Dr that does his own ultrasounds I went to an imiging center before I found my Dr and they found nothing. I had surgery 5 weeks ago and so far no pain. I hope I helped you :)
Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated, I had the ultrasound it was transvaginal and the results were given right away, they told me the pelvic area was clear and looked normal, but i'm really worried because of the cramping and the pain i'm still having.

shelly you have been a big help, and simplystar thanks for the goodluck.

Should I push for a diagnostic laprosocpy from my gyn and if she refuses to do it, should i go somewhere else...but who would do one...? a general surgeon?

thanks again for any answers...need some to calm down still have cramping don't understand how everything can look normal when i'm in all this pain...ugh....

tired of all this ....

thanks again in advance..
The problem is a laporoscopy will not show inside the uterine wall. It will show outside the Uterus and a D&C will remove anything in the Uterus. This is a bit complex.Remember if it sounds like your Dr has no clue what to do find another one she will probably mention a hysterectomy many Dr.'s who do not know what the problem is will say just take out the Uterus end of problem. How old are you and do you have any children? I would find a good gyno/onco or an endometreosis specialist you may need to get several opinions. my Dr is in NYC if you want his info e-mail me ***@****.
Michele
I just turned 34, I am not in new york and travel is hard for me, because of my other illnesses. Which makes it even more complex for the doctors to evalute.

Would she do a D&C if i requested it, isn't that surgical also? I'm tired of doctors as it is...but like you said if i don't think she is up to par then i really should go somewhere else, I have an appointment with the GP this week, so I will ask her opinion as well and show her the results from the two year old cat scans...

ugh...I'm sick of doctors....I can't handle going to anymore new ones....if you know what i mean.
I know the feeling. I have been to so many Dr.s in my life time to. You can ask her for a D&C but I do not know what that will do. To be honest I would seek a 2nd opinion because if she had a plan on how to deal with this she would have mentioned it immediatly. Meanwhile you are still in pain. Once you know what this is in your wall you can take a plan of action. Surgery maybe or medication you just need to know exactly what this is!! if she can not tell you find someone who can and it might take time but don't give up!!!
A related discussion, non ovarian cyst was started.