Ovarian Cancer Community
Possibly Ovarian Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Possibly Ovarian Cancer

I am 19 and I have been experiencing some symptoms that are now alarming me. I do not eat much even though I am an athlete and when I do eat it is a very small amount. I have had lower back pain for about a year now and I never knew why I had it. Over the past 2 weeks I have had an extreme amount of pain in my pelvis on the left side as well as pain down my left leg. I am unsure as to whether or not I should seek medical help and if this could be ovarian cancer.
Yes, you should see a doctor. It could be a variety of things going on. It could be temporary nerve damage. It could be related to the ovaries or intestines. Women can experience that type of pain with endometriosis or common ovarian cysts. Thankfully ovarian cancer is relatively rare. But it's best to get it checked out. No need to be in pain when the doctors can find the cause and give you relief. Do NOT let them tell you you're too young to have problems though. A few simple tests can tell whether your ovaries are the problem.
hello there

I have had symptons of ovarian cancer fro al least year and half.last Saturday I too developed most agonizing pain in my left buttock and leg to the knee.i used hot and cold compresses + ibruprofen,i couldn't walk fro 2 days and I couldn't get in and out of bed or sit down on a chair.i am not pain free but it has eased and I still cant sit down fro more than a minute or two,am thinking of seeing a DR fro something to ease the pain .I also have an appt on Friday with a private gp as my own dr has not listened to me over the last 8 months where I have had symptons of O.C.and refuses to do anything.i hope I can get something done as every day I worry its cancer and I wont be here to look after my dogs.they know there is something wrong as I have seen a massive change in their behaviour.tehy hate me going out and are  non my  bed with me at night.