Post Menopausal, HCG Levels Elevated
I'm 54 yrs old went thru menopause over 8 yrs ago.  Had required blood test for pregnancy prior to routine colonoscopy and blood work showed reading of 8 hcg and then 7 hcg (over 5 is pregnant).  Week later reading was 9.  Pregnancy is impossible (no significant other in my life) and hcg levels doubled in a week's timeif pregnant.  Gasterologist said to see Gynocologist as this could be a tumor, mass, cyst, ovarian cancer, etc.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I have appt in 2 weeks with Gyno.
I know that some doctors give hcg shots to help people lose weight when they have PCOS.  And that sometimes hcg levels can be elevated if there's abnormal tissue in the uterus.  I guess that's why your gastro told you to check it out.  Most likely it's a cyst or something of that nature.

Maybe some of the other ladies on this forum will know more about it.  Good luck and try not to worry.