Ovarian Cancer Community
Post Surgery CT Scan Shows "Abnormality" at Top of Vagina. Wh...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Surgery CT Scan Shows "Abnormality" at Top of Vagina. What Could That Be???

This past February I had surgery as a result of a complex cyst. It was determined to be Stage 1A, Low Malignancy Potential. I had everything removed- both ovaries, tubes, uterus, & cervix. All other biopsies done at the time of surgery were benign, and the gyn. oncologist said no chemo was needed, and I'd likely have no further problems. My CA125 a month before surgery was 44; the week before it was 22.5.  A few weeks ago I had my 1st three month check-up, and had another CA125 done. Obviously I assumed it would have gone down, but instead it was 41. The onc had it repeated , and it was up to 44, so she ordered a CT Scan. I just got the results today, and the report says that I have an "abnormality" at the top of my vagina. The onc. is to call me again tomorrow, but indicated the next step may be a PET scan.

This really felt like a kick in the stomach. I have had a smooth recovery from surgery, and have been feeling so lucky that it was caught at Stage 1A & I didn't have to have chemo. Now this. Has anyone had this happen??  What did the "abnormality" turn out to be??  I'm trying not to panic, but I have to admit I'm scared something was missed, or maybe I have some other cancer going on. Since my surgery was just 4 months ago, and a complete staging was done with everything else being benign, wouldn't some "abnormality" have been caught then??

Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
167426_tn?1254089835
look up enterocele   after a large amount of organs are removed from the pelvic cavity  some of the muscles are weaker and  a bulge of intestine can lay on top of the vagina  hope this is all it is for you    the broad ligament often relaxes after the uterus is removed and causes a prolapse of the intestine   that is why some surgeons use teflon webbing to hold the other organs in place.  Hope it all comes out ok Cagney  
Blank
195733_tn?1201978540
I had a ct scan 3 months after my hysterectomy and it came back with "prominence of vaginal cuff".  My gyno-onc. biopsyed it and pathology came back as "granulation tissue with edema". It was gone at my 6 month ct scan.  I too had a low milignant potential cellular fibroma.  I also did not need chemo.  I hope that your abnormality is something like this. Take care.
Blank
Thanks for the feedback. I sure hope whatever the "abnormality" is, it's not anything bad.  I can deal with scar tissue, adhesions, prolapse, etc., I just really don't want to hear the word cancer again!

My Onc. office said I probably won't hear back from them on the PET scan until sometime next week, as they have to go through  a protocol to get it arranged. The waiting and wondering is the hard part. Thought I was over that once my surgery was done!  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank