Ovarian Cancer Community
Post Surgery CT Scan Shows "Abnormality" at Top of Vagina. Wh...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Post Surgery CT Scan Shows "Abnormality" at Top of Vagina. What Could That Be???

This past February I had surgery as a result of a complex cyst. It was determined to be Stage 1A, Low Malignancy Potential. I had everything removed- both ovaries, tubes, uterus, & cervix. All other biopsies done at the time of surgery were benign, and the gyn. oncologist said no chemo was needed, and I'd likely have no further problems. My CA125 a month before surgery was 44; the week before it was 22.5.  A few weeks ago I had my 1st three month check-up, and had another CA125 done. Obviously I assumed it would have gone down, but instead it was 41. The onc had it repeated , and it was up to 44, so she ordered a CT Scan. I just got the results today, and the report says that I have an "abnormality" at the top of my vagina. The onc. is to call me again tomorrow, but indicated the next step may be a PET scan.

This really felt like a kick in the stomach. I have had a smooth recovery from surgery, and have been feeling so lucky that it was caught at Stage 1A & I didn't have to have chemo. Now this. Has anyone had this happen??  What did the "abnormality" turn out to be??  I'm trying not to panic, but I have to admit I'm scared something was missed, or maybe I have some other cancer going on. Since my surgery was just 4 months ago, and a complete staging was done with everything else being benign, wouldn't some "abnormality" have been caught then??

look up enterocele   after a large amount of organs are removed from the pelvic cavity  some of the muscles are weaker and  a bulge of intestine can lay on top of the vagina  hope this is all it is for you    the broad ligament often relaxes after the uterus is removed and causes a prolapse of the intestine   that is why some surgeons use teflon webbing to hold the other organs in place.  Hope it all comes out ok Cagney  
I had a ct scan 3 months after my hysterectomy and it came back with "prominence of vaginal cuff".  My gyno-onc. biopsyed it and pathology came back as "granulation tissue with edema". It was gone at my 6 month ct scan.  I too had a low milignant potential cellular fibroma.  I also did not need chemo.  I hope that your abnormality is something like this. Take care.
Thanks for the feedback. I sure hope whatever the "abnormality" is, it's not anything bad.  I can deal with scar tissue, adhesions, prolapse, etc., I just really don't want to hear the word cancer again!

My Onc. office said I probably won't hear back from them on the PET scan until sometime next week, as they have to go through  a protocol to get it arranged. The waiting and wondering is the hard part. Thought I was over that once my surgery was done!