Post-Surgery
I had surgery for an enlarged left ovary. My husband was told that the right ovary was even larger, but she didn't see any cancer. Both ovaries and tube were removed. My question is what was the cause of these ovaries to be so enlarged? Is it possible to have cancer cells that you can`t see. My doctor has offered no details as of yet. I assume they were sent to pathology.
Ovaries can get enlarge due to formation of cysts which can be due to hormonal reasons like in follicular cysts and PCOS. The cysts can be benign or malignant depending on the complaints and findings at the time of surgery. Only advanced cancers can be diagnosed visually from their appearance. Definitive diagnosis of cancer is done with the help of histo-pathological examination of the ovaries that have been removed.  Hence your report will make the diagnosis clear.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.