Ovarian Cancer Community
Pregnancy after a hysterctomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Pregnancy after a hysterctomy

Is it possible to get pregnant after a complete hysterctomy? If not what will I have to do to conceive anoter child? We are willing to do whatever it takes without having to adopt.
A complete hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and ovaries. I'm sorry to say without these organs there is no way of becoming pregnant.
I agree with the above post.  Your ovaries produce the eggs necessary for conceiving and the uterus is the baby's home for nine months.  Without these organs there is no way to conceive much less carry a baby.   I'm very sorry to be so blunt, but didn't your doctors tell you this?  I wish you all the best.......