Ovarian Cancer Community
Preliminary results - good and bad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Preliminary results - good and bad

OK, so I don't have the final report (I hate waiting for these things) but the MRI showed the right cyst had NOT grown like the ultrasound said, and there was no invasion in the fallopian tube.  No lymph nodes affected.  I am relieved.

Bad news, a 4 cm cyst is in my left ovary, the site of the previous borderline tumor.

Will this ever end?

I am not as panicked, I am just going to wait and see my gyn/onc next Wed, and pursue the second opinion.  BUT, I must note that the gyn/onc didn't think I needed an MRI, so my buddy who is a doctor, ordered it for me, to save the me the panic I was going through.

Why don't they give us what we need?  The MRI showed in more detail what was going on, how can that not be the best medical care for me?

Anyway, I love you all for being with me the past few days, and I'll keep you updated!
Glad to hear that you got some good news.  Good idea to get that 2nd with the gyn/onc.  Keep us posted!
~Tascha
Avatar n tn
Glad to hear that you got SOME good news.  Did they say what type of cyst is on the left ovary?  I agree with Linda, maybe it is time to remove the ovary.  Keep us posted.  Kasie
Avatar n tn
((((grateful06))))  Keep asking the questions and looking for the answers.
Avatar n tn
Hi there, I agree with Linda and fungirl. Take that ovary that had the borderline cyst. Glad the other one didn't "grow". I kind of suspected it was a measurement variance issue. Hang in there!

Linda J
Avatar n tn
Gals you got some good news in the midst of all this--please keep us posted.